- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus spears, trimmed 4 to 5 inches long tips
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- A few turns black pepper
- Pink sea salt to taste
- 4 slices center cut bacon
- 2 each Heirloom Tomatoes sliced, ½ inch
- 2 T. stone ground mustard
- 3 T. Dukes mayonnaise
- 2 t. apple cider vinegar
- 1 T. Extra-virgin olive oil
- Chopped chives or scallions
- Preheat oven, if using, to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly coat asparagus spears in extra-virgin olive oil. Season the asparagus with black pepper. Take a quick count of the spear tips. Divide the total number by four. Gather that number of spears and use a slice of bacon to wrap the bundle and secure the spears together. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place bundles on slotted broiler pan. Bake 12 minutes
- Mix mustard, mayonnaise, olive oil and vinegar, set aside
- Arrange sliced tomatoes on a large plate, set asparagus across, drizzle with sauce and garnish with fresh chives or scallions
Recipe by Chef Joseph Fasy.