- 13 ounces Minced clams – (2 small cans) *
- 1/2 cup Seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Garlic powder OR 2 garlic cloves – minced
- 4 tablespoons Fresh onion – finely diced
- 3 teaspoons Parsley – chopped
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- Parmesan cheese – as needed
*(Reserve clam juice)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sauté garlic, onion, parsley, oregano and breadcrumbs in olive oil about 2 minutes.
- When onion & garlic start to brown, add clams, juice and salt. Mix.
- Spoon into clam’s shell. Note: Mixture is very soupy until baked.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and place on cookie sheet in 375 degree oven for 25 minutes.
This recipe can be doubled or multiplied to make as many as necessary for hot antipasti.